Monday, July 3, 2017

Hey,

So, we had a pretty good week this week! We were not able to teach as many people as we thought we would, but it was still great!!! So, we met with Veronica, kind of, she was in her car, and we talked with her on the street. But, we got go talking and it seemed like she did not really want to talk to us. But then she asked if we were JW's and we said, "no", then she asked if we were 7th Day Adventists, and we said , "no", then she was really confused, and we told her who we were, and then she was a little more interested. She asked us what makes us different, so we explained the Book of Mormon. She got really interested and she asked us a lot of questions! We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she was so excited to read it, and she wants to learn more. It was pretty cool.

We also met with Samantha. She is really cool too! We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the lesson went really good. She accepted everything, and she is willing to do the things that we are asking her to do! We set up a ride for her to come to church, and she came!!! It was super awesome! She said that she felt very welcomed, and she had never felt like that before! I am super happy that she came to church.

Also, when we were in ward council, we stepped out into the hall because my companion had to use the restroom, and this guy came up to me and started talking to me. I just assumed he was a member and then he told me that he wanted me to baptize his daughters! I was super shocked! So, I asked some questions and he is Catholic, but he doesn't want to pay to have his daughter baptized. So anyway, we went to sacrament, and it was really good! There were a lot of good testimonies, but about 5 minutes before sacrament ended, they got up and left! So, we stopped the in the hall and he seemed kinda mad because they didn't read from the Bible, and he said that he had things to do. So, we got his address and he said that he would be more than willing to let us come over and talk to him a little bit more. When we explained that usually there are talks and not just testimonies, then he seemed a little bit more happy.

I was also in the Tongan branch for the first time! It was super fun. I didn't understand most of what was said, but it was really cool! We had an investigator come in that branch too! Hopefully, with the new mission President, we can be able to go to the member's homes, because most of them live in Lake Elsinore, and places that we currently can't go, because the Tongan branch covers almost all of the mission! I am super excited to be in Moreno Valley! I think that it will be a really good area!

I am excited to be able to meet our new Mission President Hammon, next Friday! I had to get new shoes because my black ones have a hole in the sole the size of a quarter! I can't believe I wore out a pair of good shoes!!!

I don't know my address yet, but I'll let you know next week.

I love you all very much and I hope you have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Braunstadter


No comments:

Post a Comment