Monday, June 19, 2017

Hello,

This week was pretty slow but good. We were able to teach Susan though. We have been trying to get in with her for a while now. She was a potential investigator since before I got here. When we went over to her house, she finally let us in and the lesson went really well. We taught her the Restoration and she liked it a lot. It was cool to see the Spirit work within her because she said that she didn't believe that there could be another prophet on the Earth, and that God would not come and show himself to someone, but then after we taught the principles, and the Spirit was there, she told herself that it makes sense that God would do something like that!!! It was super cool, and I love to see when people can feel the Spirit. We have another appointment with her tomorrow at 2:00, so we will see if she has read any of the Book of Mormon at all since the last time we met with her.

We also met with David again. He still loves us coming over, but he still will not come to church, and he isn't reading the Book of Mormon. We are going to pause him because he is not ready to join the church. He is a really cool guy, but I think that he is scared because he knows it's true, and he just doesn't want to change. Every time we go over there, he agrees with a lot that we say, and he basically tell us that we are right. He just doesn't have enough motivation.

I really hope that we will be able to teach more people this week because it is going to be hotter than last week. So hopefully, we can get out of the sun and into people's houses!

It's has been in the 100's the past few days and it is super hot on bikes. Speaking of bikes, I had to get a new axle for my bike. I don't even know how it broke, but it did! Anyway, we try to keep hydrated, but you can only carry so much water. I hope that I will have a car for the summer. Transfers are next week, so I might be moving, or I might stay. I will let you know next week! Well, that about sums up my week. I am just grateful that I have the opportunity to share the Gospel, and share the love and hope of the Savior. I have seen many miracles come from relying on Him, and I know how great of an influence He is on our lives!

Anyway, I love you all very much, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Braunstadter

No comments:

Post a Comment