Monday, May 8, 2017

Hello,

So this week we were not able to really very many more people to teach, but it was still a pretty good week. We were able to meet with Alan for a little while. He is still really happy for us to come over, but he is not keeping his commitments! It is super frustrating, because he says that he will come to church on Saturday, and then he doesn't show up on Sunday. But, I think that he will show up one of these days. He also has not been reading the Book of Mormon at all. We committed him to read from it daily, but I am not sure how much of what we talk about he really understands. We are going to try to get him a children's Book of Mormon. It is easier for kids to understand. Hopefully, that will motivate him to act on reading more often. I really want him to start coming to church also. His mother is more than willing to take him to church, and she said that she would stay with him for all 3 hours.

We also met with a guy named Ray. We talked to him on the street and he told us to come back the next day. So, when we returned, we sat down and right before the lesson, he told us that he was baptized a Mormon. He has been inactive for a while, and so we taught the Restoration to him. He liked it, and he agreed to read from the Book of Mormon, and also to pray. He said that he wants to start coming back to church again, but not right away. So, that was a cool lesson. He shows a lot of interest and desire to come back to church.

We met a lot of interesting people on the streets this week though. Hopefully, we can teach some of them this coming week.

I also heard from Lili! (The girl I baptized in my first area) She texted me and said that she is almost at her year mark of being a member, and that she wanted me to go to the Temple with her! I was so excited to hear about that! It is crazy to think that that happened almost a whole year ago! Time flies by! I am so excited to go with her to the Temple! I wish that more people were willing to hear about the Gospel, because I know that it definitely blesses lives!!!

I also am excited to be able to skype with my family next week!!!!!

Hope you all have a great week.


Love,
Elder Braunstadter

No comments:

Post a Comment