Friday, January 27, 2017


Hello,

Sorry I didn't get to email on Monday. So, I didn't get transferred. I'm still in the Prodo View ward and my new companion is Elder Walker. He is from Alpine, Utah. He is super funny! He is also a great missionary. He was a zone leader with my former companion, Elder Gulbranson! He is super fun to be with. I think this is going to be a good transfer.

This week was pretty good. We met some really cool people. We met Jeff and Camille, and they are both teachers. They are really cool, and they don't have too much of a religious background. Camille has a Catholic background, but she is not practicing. We taught them the Restoration, and they really seemed to like it. They accepted a Book of Mormon, and they said that they would read it as a family. Hopefully, we can get to go over there again this week and do some service for them, and also be able to teach them again.

We also met Martin, and he is pretty cool. He also has a little bit of a Catholic background, but he is super nice, and he said that he will come to church this week, so hopefully that will happen. He is going through a hard time in his life right now, but he is excited to meet with us!

We also met with Cecil and John this week. We also taught them the Restoration. They seemed to agree with what we said, but when we invited them to be baptized, they said that they do not think that it need to be done by the proper authority... I have never heard anybody think that. It was kind weird, but they are super nice.

We also met with Eddy this week. He is a former investigator and he is super cool. We taught him the Restoration again, and he accepted a baptism date, and he said that he will come to church, and that he would also read the Book of Mormon. He seems really solid. We went over a second time this week, and he said that he did not read the Book of Mormon, so we read it with him the second visit. He committed to church again... so we are going to walk him to church because he lives really close to the church. I think that he is the most solid person that we have right now.

We had a worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday, and it was cool. There were a lot of new things that were changed and some new things that are coming out. There is supposedly a new Preach my Gospel manual coming out and there should be a new missionary handbook coming soon also. So our schedule was changed a lot too. Now we plan for the day in the morning instead of in the evening. We also have 30 minute lunches instead of 1 hour. That will be a little difficult because it takes forever to cook and eat something in under a half an hour. But, it will be good. We also have more flexibility in when we do our companionship study. There are a lot of changes, but I think that it will be fun.

Today is also my hump day, which means I've been out one whole year!!! I only have one year left - I'm half way done!!! Also, on my hump day, I get to go to the Temple too!!! I love the Temple - it's so awesome!!!

I hope you all have a great week - and stay warm!!!

Love,
Elder Braunstadter



No comments:

Post a Comment