Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hello,
This week was pretty good. We met a lot of really cool people, and we were able to have some really good lessons too.

Brenda, Sarah, Carlos, and George all moved this week. I am not sure if they are still in the mission or not, but I really hope that they are! It was super sad to see them leave, because they were so cool, but they needed a bigger house to fit all of them in. They said that they never talked to anybody who would knock of their door, but for some reason, they loved us, and they said that we could come over any time. They also invited us to a BBQ but I don't think that we will be able to go. I think that they were going to get baptized, because they have not been baptized before, and they said that they really want to, and that they also want to start coming to church! They were reading the Book of Mormon, and they said that they really liked it. I cannot tell you how awesome these people were. I loved going over to their house and talking with them because they were like members already. I am going to miss them so much, but they said that after they move in, they would take us out to eat that is somewhere in the zone.

We also had Mary come to church and she watched some of General Conference with us at the Stake Center. She said that is was beautiful, but she is still having a hard time with Joseph Smith, and with being baptized again. I think that Conference helped out a lot because it talked a lot about baptism and why it is so important. She said that she wants to start coming to sacrament meeting also. I really hope that she feels the Spirit, and that she will want to join the church.

One of the talks at General Conference that I really liked was K. Brett Nattress's talk because he talked about the Book of Mormon a lot. I really liked how he portrayed the feeling he had when he knew he was a tough child to raise and that his mom had been promised that she would not lose her family if she read the Book of Mormon with them everyday. Elder Nattress realized that he was worth saving to his mother. I know that when we read the Book of Mormon as a family, that it helped out my days. I know that I probably didn't show it as much as I should have, but I am very grateful that we tried to do that as a family. It really means a lot to me now!

Guess what I did today??? I finally went FISHING!!!!!!! It was a lot of fun! I caught like 20 bluegill, some chubs, and 2 catfish that were about 20 inches long! It was so much fun! I miss it so much! Catfish are pretty fun to catch!

Anyway, that is about all that I can think of for this week.
Hope you all have a great week.

Love and miss you,
Elder Braunstadter

Me, Elder Brinkerhoff, and Elder Spencer next to our car!!! - that finally has AC

Me, Elder Brinkerhoff, and Elder Spencer - the three amigos!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment