Monday, May 16, 2016

Hey!
So this week was by far the best week of my mission! At the beginning of this week we got our new companions. My new companion is Elder Gulbranson. He is AWESOME!!! He's from Vanderhoof, British Columbia. I got a companion from Canada!!! The sad thing is, that he doesn't even have an accent. He likes to hunt, fish, and do outdoor things! I can relate to him so much! We seem to get along really well. I think that this is going to be a fun transfer! He knows a lot, and he is a great missionary! Since he is from Canada, he is not used to all of this heat! And I thought I was not used to it!! Poor guy, it makes it even worse because we are on bikes! Even in all of the heat, we are doing really good. I think that we are going to hit standard again this week - hopefully!!!

We talked with Sal. He is gay, but does not act on it, he has Lupus, and he also has cancer. Actually today he had surgery, so I hope that everything went well with that. We gave him a blessing before he went into surgery yesterday, and I think that it really helped. He is super accepting of the gospel, and I think that he could very easily be baptized. He came to church and said that is was a little weird, and it was, because we are getting a new bishopric. Everyone talked about their callings and the hardships and blessings that come with accepting and getting released from a calling. I think that he liked it though. He said that he is really excited to learn more about our religion, and he is also excited to read the Book of Mormon.

We visited Brother Lopez, and it was a super sad lesson because we found out that Sister Lopez does not want to be sealed with him forever. She said that he is really hard to live with. It made me super sad and then they got in a big argument right in front of us. It was very awkward. I don't know if we are going to be stopping by there very much anymore.

We had to put Brother Bibbes on pause, because he will not do anything to progress. He is very difficult to work with, so we are not going to be stopping there very much either.

But the best part of the week was Lili. I got to baptize her on Saturday! She was my first baptism and it was GREAT!!! I was too focused on her hair coming out of the water and I didn't see her elbow come out of the water, so I had to do it again. It was kind of embarrassing, but it was still really cool!!! The Spirit was so strong! I really liked the talks that were given before and after the baptism also. IT WAS THE BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!

On the way home from Lili's house one night, we ran into 3 skunks! They are the first animals that I have seen since I have been on my mission, besides squirrels, cats, and dogs. It was pretty darn cool!

I hope next week is as good as this one!!

I love all of you very much.

Elder Braunstadter


This is Lili. She was my first baptism! I'm so happy for her.

Me and my new companion Elder Gulbranson on P-day! He's from Canada and is awesome!

My new best "bird" friend!

Beautiful sunset in Sun City!

Another shot of this awesome sunset!

We saw these 3 skunks on the way home from Lili's house.

I just couldn't resist taking selfies of me and my new companion!

My main mode of transportation!!!

I have over 500 miles on this bike in just 3.5 months!

View of the mountains of Sun City!

This is my area!

Landscape shot with the mountains in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment