Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Missionary work is really slow here, but we have a couple of people that seem pretty interested. Sun City reminds me a lot of Arizona, because there are a lot of 55+ communities. That is most of what we deal with here. We are teaching a really cool guy, Steve. He has a 1934 International pickup with a Corvette engine in it. He also has an El Camino that has a chevy 354 small block that is all tuned up. He has been looking for a church for a while, but he isn't sure where to go. We have been teaching him for about 2 weeks now. I really hope that he will join the church. 


Also another man, Brother Lopez, is looking for God in his life also. He has a less active wife, and a son that went on a mission. He is really nice, but he has Alzheimer's, and gets all of the religions mixed up. He is a nice man though. We had to put him on pause 2 days ago, because we have been teaching him for over a month, and he still isn't ready. 

We picked up a new investigator on Sunday! She just showed up at church, and I don't know anything about her. We will talk to her this week to find out more about her. 


I have been trying to limit myself on the food here, because I will gain a lot of weight if I don't watch it. I have been trying to exercise everyday, but sometimes it is hard. We had cross fit today.  It was pretty intense. It made my shoulders hurt really bad. We played basketball after that for a couple of hours. My legs are sore from riding my bike up and down all of the steep hills here. It is probably good, because I can burn off all of the food that I eat.


Mondays are my favorite days, but they are different than I imagined, because we still have to teach in the evening. 


I am really grateful for all of the blessings that have come from me being out here. It makes me happy that I might make a difference in somebody's life. Well I hope you all have a good week! I'll talk to ya next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,
    So good to hear from you. Sounds like you are staying pretty busy. Keep up the good work. We love and miss you. Have a great week. Uncle Randy and Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete