Monday, February 22, 2016

I made it to California!

2/9/16
I made it to California after a 3:35 a.m. flight! I am in the Sun City ward, Menifee zone. My companion is Elder Murphy, but it is not the same one from the MTC. It is pretty hard! On our way home, he said "Oh by the way, we have a lesson in less than an hour." I was very shocked! I feel like I did awful!

2/16/16
I seem to be teaching better, but I still have A LOT to learn! I haven't really met the whole ward yet (since it was my first day at church) but the people that I have met are nice. We are staying with a member, and she is nice too.

I lost my wallet yesterday, so now I have to cancel everything. Got to go make a phone call to the bank.

2/22/16
I like my bike, but the seat sucks. We are the only ones in our district that are on bikes. It is good though, because the members feed us like crazy here! I need all of the exercise that I can get.

(Lost wallet issue) So on our last p-day, we got a ride from Elder Vang and Elder Jones. We went to Walmart to get some things, and as far as I know, when I got back in the car, I had my wallet. Then we went back to their apartment, and we hung out a while there. When we left, I realized that I didn't have it, so we went back to look for it but we never found it. Later that night I called Walmart but no one turned it in. We kept looking for it, but it never showed up, so I think that it fell out of my pocket, and I have no idea where it is. I only had like $30 in there, so that's not too bad. The main thing is my credit card, license, MSF card, temple recommend, Tiwi card, and hunting license. Thank goodness it can all be replaced - what a pain!

I have been teaching a lot of lessons and I think that I am getting better, but it is still a struggle. Missionary work is really slow here. We went the longest without having a funeral in quite a while. It was a record of 6 weeks! They call our ward the newly wed and almost dead ward!

I am liking being on a mission so far. I has taught me a lot! I really like serving others. I hope that it will bless me and our family. I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and it helps me a ton! I am excited to get to know the members of this ward. One lady calls me Elder Yehaw, because they cannot say my last name. I am most commonly known as Elder "B".
Me and my Mission President and his wife. President John H. Mullen.

Getting picked up from the airport!

Dinner at the Mission Home

Putting Spring Creek on the map!

All of us newbees in a meeting at the mission home.

Me and my first companion - Elder Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment